Search our collections Russell Museum uses eHive for its collections. You can search for objects here. Lionel Percival Williams and his bride Mary (Polly) Williams nee Topping - PhotoPostcard: General view of Russell from Maiki Hill, early 1900'sPostcardPostcard: Russell, south view from Maiki Hill, c1920Duncan Hawkin's Butcher's BicyclePhoto - soldier in uniform - Postcard from Arthur SandersPostcard: Russell waterfront, looking north, 1947Postcard: Aerial view of Russell, looking north, c1960Postcard: Christ Church and graves, Russell, c1960'sPostcardPostcard: Maori girls wearing traditional dress, c1927Postcard: Russell looking south from Maiki Hill, c1920Postcard: Aerial view of Russell, 1960'sPostcard: Aerial view of Russell, Long Beach and Matauwhi Bay, c1960'sPostcard: "Wairoa" at Russell wharf, waterfront in background, c1960'sPostcard: Russell beach, c1960'sPostcard: Aerial view of Long Beach across to Waikare Inlet.CDPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPrintRussell Identities 1880's-1890'sRussell Identities 1880's-1890'sRussell Identities 1880's-1890'sPhoto postcard: Russell waterfront and wharfPostcard: "Clansman" and "Hinemoa" at Russell wharfPhoto postcard: Ruins of building at Paihia where first printing press in NZ was installedPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhoto postcardPhotoFamily papers2 Photos - Russell School Hockey Team & Russell School 1911Photo: "United Tribes Flag"/Shaw Savill & AlbionPhoto: Case 7 - Items on Flagstaff, Hone HekePhoto: Case 10. - Items relating to British regiments in the NorthPhoto: Case 15. - Russell & World War 2Photo: Case 17. - Weapons - muskets and swordsPhoto: Case 26. - Wood/kauri - shingling.PhotoPhotoPhotoPostcard: View of Russell looking south, c1910ClippingClippingNewspaper clippingClipping - photo of Russell School children 1928, winners of the Davies Shield for swimmingPhoto: Miss E Hawkes28th Maori Battalion/PhotoRussell Brownies/PhotoWhite Shark jaw and photoPhoto: Ivan Hall at Plaque marking Cooks visit, Motuarohia, 1983Photo: Ivan Hall at Plaque marking Cooks visit at Motuarohia 1982Photo: Baker Cottage, Baker Street, Russell c1990Photo: Russell Ambulance Officers at the opening of the Russell Medical Centre, 2000Photo: Matauwhai Bay, 1999Photo: Matauwhi Bay showing Hope and Florence Avenues, 1999Photo: Matauwhi Bay, 1999Photo: Matauwhi Bay 1999Photo: Russell cenotaph beside Russell Town Hall, 1999Photo: Greenstone pendant formerly owned by Wehiwehi of WhangaruruPhoto: Moving Blomfield House, York Street, 2000Photo: Moving Bloomfield house, York Street, 2000Photo: Moving of Blomfield House, York Street, 2000Photo: Moving of Blomfield House, York Street 2000Photo: Kahuti Symons at S Johns Medical Centre 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: St Johns Medical Centre, Church Street, Russell 2000Photo: New Practice wall, Russell tennis club 2000Photo: Yacht "Putara" at Paroa Bay c1934Photo: Blomfield section, archaeological survey 2000Photo: Nikki Lawrence wearing Maori cloak and carrying whalebone patuPhoto: Helen Ough Dealy, Russell MuseumPhoto: Dayle Howard, Russell Museum VolunteerPhoto: Dianne Davey, Russell Museum secretary/treasurer 2000Photo: Les Blomfield 1980Photo montagePhoto montagePhoto: Russell waterfront and buildings 1862Photo: Christ Church Russell, before 1925Photo: York Street shops, Russell c1930Photo: Russell waterfront with Duke of Marlborough burnt down c1931Photo: North end Russell Beach from Wellington Street c1930Photo: Home of Harry Arnold, 6 Beresford Street, Russell c1930Photo: Paihia from Wharf Beach c1930Photo: Waitangi Treaty House c1930Photo: Haruru Falls c1930Photo: Wedding of Roy and Agnes Brooker, St Paul's Church Paihia 1926Photo: Tall Ships day hangi, Russell Boating Club c1970Photo: The Gables, Russell c1980sPhoto: The Gables, Russell 1992Photo: Christ Church Russell 1992Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill 1992Photo: Russell beach 1992Photo: View to shore from Russell wharf c1980Photo: Russell waterfront c1980Photo: Russell waterfront from the wharf 1980Photo: View of Matauwhai Bay c1980Photo: Matauwhai BayPhoto: Tall Ships race off Russell c1980Photo: Tall Ships off Russell Beach c1980Photo: Harry Halse and Russell-Whangarei bus c1970Photo: Opening of St John Ambulance station, York Street, Russell 1978Photo: Opening St John Ambulance station, Russell 1978Photo: Lillian Woodcock, Del Harris and David Woodcock, Russell c1980Photo: View of Tahapuke, house at south end of Russell beach 1976Photo: Flagstaff, Maiki Hill, Russell. Ministers Eddie Garland and Mona Cotton 2001Photo: Raising United Tribes flag, Maiki Hill, Russell 2001Photo: Heather Lindauer, Fr Arthur Toothill and Kate Martin at Commemorative stone, Russell 2001Photo: Blessing of DOC HQ extension site, Russell 2001Photo: Yacht "Nahlin"in Whangaroa Harbour 1932Photograph of Steve Tangiau presenting the adze 00/118 to Russell MuseumPhotos (2) Michael May and Clinton Sargent dust down the deck of the Endeavour modelPhotos: Wisteria House, Chapel Street, Russell 2000Photo: Tapeka subdivision c2000Photo: Tapeka subdivision 2000Photo: Tapeka subivision 2000Photo: Tapeka subdivision 2000Photo: Tapeka subdivision 2000Photo: Tapeka subdivision 2000Photo: Tapeka beach and headland 2000Photo: Tapeka beach and headland 2000Photo: Tapeka beach 2000Photo: Norfolk pines at Tapeka 2000Photo: Tapeka parking area 2000Photo: Tapeka beach 2000Photo: Bridal party of Roy Grant and Claudia Lindauer leaving Christ Church, Russell 1956Photo: Roy Grant and Claudia Lindauer with wedding guests 1956Photo: Wedding of Roy Grant and Claudia Lindauer, Russell 1956Photo: Dr Nigel Lucas in period costume, 150 year celebrations in Russell 1959Photo: Lions working bee, Russell c1960Photo: Harry Halse, bus driver c1970Photo: Tracey Moore and Florence Annison, Russell town hallPhoto: Patti Colmore-Williams explaining Hazard Grave, Christ Church Russell 1995 Photo: 150 years of European settlement, Russell 1959Photo: Mrs. Simpson holding Michael Grant, oldest and youngest Russell residents 1959Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Rockwall at entrance of Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Lichen Lane, Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990 Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay looking towards oyster farm c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Relocated house Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay looking towards BOI harbour c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay. George Stumpf and Lindsay Alexander on house site c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay view towards hills c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay Stumpf housesite c1990Photo: Clairmont subdivision, Orongo Bay rocky hillside and scrub c1990Photo: Cim Donovan, jeweller, Orongo BayPhoto: Christ Church, Russell closed for restoration notice 2001Photo: Christ Church Russell porch 2001Photo: Temporary altar in Russell Hall at time of Christ Church restoration 2001 Photo: Lectern in temporary church, Russell Hall at time of Christ Church restoration 2001Photo: Temporary church in Russell hall at time of Christ Church restoration 2001Photo: Temporary church in Russell hall while Christ Church closed for restoration 2001Photo: Extending Dept. of Conservation HQ Frontage 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation frontage 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation frontage 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation frontage 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation HQ 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation HQ 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation HQ car park 2001Photo: Dept. of Conservation HQ car park construction 2001Photo: Kauri treePhoto: Kauri trees and fernsPhoto: Tree fernsPhoto: Kauri tree with three men at the basePhoto: Bush and riverPhoto: Tree fernsPhoto: Milford Track, South IslandPhoto: Giant kauri tree, Waipoua State ForestPhoto: View from forest to coastlinePhoto: Tree fern and kauri trunk autographed by T W Collins and A H ReedPhoto: Kauri trees Trounson ParkPhoto: Bush viewPhoto: Kauri tree in bushPhoto: Bill Oliver and Dick Guest with bullock team, Omahuta Forest c1920Photo: Men climbing a kauriPhoto: Cutting down a kauriPhoto: Five bushmen with a felled kauriPhoto: Kauri trunks, cut and trimmed. CoromandelPhoto: Bulldozer dragging half kauri logPhoto: Bulldozer dragging half kauri log, Warkworth 1962Photo: Kauri log cut in quartersPhoto: Kauri tree cut in quarters and two bushmenPhoto: Kauri tree cut down and quarteredPhoto: Large kauri partly cut throughPhoto: Large kauri tree cut and fallingPhoto: Kauri log and six bushmenPhoto: Kauri logs piled up below kauri damPhoto: Kauri logs going down riverPhoto: Truck with large log crossing timber bridge, WarkworthPhoto: Huia King beside kauri log, WarkworthPhoto: Car, woman and boy on bush road by kauriPhoto: Car, two women and boy on bush road Photo: Car and woman on bush roadPhoto: Man, two women and car on bush roadPhoto: Car by large kauriPhoto: Car on bush road by kauriPhoto: A H Reed by kauri named Kopi 1962Photo: Two men and large kauri. Signed A H Reed and M D Sterling 1962Photo: Two men (A H Reed left) and two women with car under Kauri treePhoto: Kauri treesPhoto: A H Reed standing at base of kauri 1962Photo: A H Reed, car and tree ferns 1962Photo: American visitor with kauri near RussellPhoto: Topdressing plane flying over farmlandPhoto: Topdressing planePhoto: Giant kauri WarkworthPhoto: Toronui, Waipoua forest, blown down 1977. (1932)Photo: NZ native bush and kauriPhoto: Bushmen felling a kauri with crosscut sawPhoto: Kauri ready for the sawmillPhoto: Sheep grazing Church Street area Russell with Gables, Old Town hall, Hananui and old PO in backgroundPhoto: Russell waterfront with Clansman at wharfPhoto: Christ Church Russell c1902Photo: Matauwhi BayPhoto: Matauwhi Bay from Arcadia HillPhoto: Matauwhi Bay bridgePhoto: Long Beach looking southPhoto: Long beach, RussellPhoto: Russell beach, Mill Island and Te WahapuPhoto: Matauwhi Estate,RussellPhoto: Russell wharfPhoto: Russell from Brind RoadPhoto: ss Clansman at Russell wharfPhoto: View from Brind RoadPhoto: Mata-a-vai BayPhoto: Russell from Lot 1 Mata-a-vaiPhoto: Matauwhi Bay c1905Photo: Pompallier House, Russell c1900Photo: Ford/Baker house, RussellPhoto: Matauwhi Bay cottagesPhoto: Matauwhi Bay cottagesPhoto: The Bungalow (now Clendon Cottage) c1920Photo: View over Russell from Oneroa RoadPhoto: Matauwhi BayPhoto: Hill and gully, Matauwhi BayPhoto: Matauwhi BayPhoto: Matauwhi BayPhoto: Matauwhi BayPhoto: Interior of Christ Church, Russell c1910Photo: Russell from the sea c1910Photo: B Williams (1817-1867)Photo: Russell Girl Guides and Brownies c1935Photo: People at Hananui (Pacific Hotel) c1900Photo: Arthur (Doy) Moran, on left. Cairo 1940Photo: Group. Back row: Janey Kydd, Mabel Saunders, Ella Kydd, Hazel Fuller, Hannah Kydd. Front row: Wai Anglem-Hardcastle with Glen Hodgson on knee, Topsy - , Hazel Forsythe, Mavis - . 1916Photo: Russell Scout Troop c1930Photo: Russell Hockey team, defeated Kawakawa 1910Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill c1930sPhoto: Christ Church Russell 2001Photo: Restoration Christ Church Russell 2001Photo: Interior Christ Church Russell 2001Photo: Rotten boards, Christ Church Russell restoration 2001Photo: Dry rot in studs, Christ Church Russell restoration 2001Photo: Rot and borer, Christ Church Russell restoration 2001Photo postcard: Long Beach Russell, c1920'sPhoto: Russell, Kororareka Bay (c.1920s)Photo: View of Russell from postcard sent by Jean Adamson 1927 Photo: Pam Solomon of Paroa Bay 2001Photo: Russell Masonic Lodge market day 2001Photo: Christ Church hall, Russell from rear 2001Photo: Russell RSA CenotaphPhoto: Russell Museum signagePhoto: Russell garage during removal of old petrol storage tank 2002Photo: St Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Kawakawa built c1877Photo: Intersection of Robertson and Matauwhi roads, showing Christ Church, new town hall and warship in the distance c1920Photo: Charred wood remains of W Williams stone house, Paihia, burnt down 1856Photo: Cottage belonging to Goffe family, Haruru FallsPhoto: Bedggood house, McMurray Road, Paihia c 1890Photo: Grave of Rev. Matiu Taupaki (1827-77) PaihiaPhoto: Paihia ChurchPhoto: Russell Library volunteers 2002Photo: Presentation of Community Services award to Kahuti Symons by Kawakawa Community Board 2002Photo: Christ Church choir, Harvest Festival 2002Photo: Mission Station, Paihia. Sketch by Lieut. Thomas Moore RN c1840Photo: First Paihia organ, now in Wanganui MuseumPhoto: Second Paihia Church organ in use 1874Photo: Second Paihia Church organPhoto: Present organ in Paihia ChurchPhoto: Crown copyright shows Opua, Okiato and OtuihuPhoto: Sailor's Return Hotel, Pomare's Pa, Otuihu. Watercolour by Robert Thomas ChatfieldPhoto: Cains/McInnes house, OtuihuPhoto: Te Wahapu showing W Brown's shipyard c1870Photo: Copy print Te Wahapu showing garrison, attributed to John Williams c1840'sPhoto: Te Wahapu c1840Photo: Te Wahapu W P Brown's house 1965Photo: Te Wahapu W P Brown's house c1980Photo: Copy print from painting by Major Bridge/L Sgt Williams "Ohaiewai 1845".Photo: Copy print from painting by Sgt, Williams "Ohaeawai pa 1 July 1845"Photo: Copy print of watercolour by Major Bridge "Ohaiawai July 1 1845 3pm'Photo: Copy print of watercolour by Bridge and Williams "Retaking of hill at Ohaeawai 1845"Photo: St Michael's Church, NgawhaPhoto: St Michael's Church Ngawha interiorPhoto: St Michael's Church Ngawha from hillPhoto: Model of pa at Ohaiawai made by Lieut. Col. Wynyard on display at Tasmanian MuseumPhoto: Model of pa at Ohaiawai made by Lieut. Col. Wynyard on display at Tasmanian MuseumPhoto: Model of pa at Ohaeawai now in Auckland MuseumPhoto: Selina Irving nee HowePhoto: John Hamilton Irving 1829-1915Photo: John Hamilton IrvingPhoto: Eva Brown, founder of Russell Review c1977Photo: A group of Russell residents dressed in period costumes c1977Photo: Grave of Hannah King Letheridge and Florence Leah Mountain, Christ Church, RussellPhoto: Claudia and Roy Grant at home 2001Photo: Demolition of old toilets by Town Hall 1989Photo: Duke of Marlborough Hotel, Russell 2002Photo: Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh during visit to Russell with David Woodcock, Mrs. Gilmour and Eric Gilmour, Town Board ChairmanPhoto: Muriel Anderson, daughter of W.C. Anderson, Russell 1900-1920Photo: Jack Hewin as a toddler. His mother was Clarissa Bernard WilliamsPhoto: Mary Edmonds nee WilliamsPhoto: Mary Williams nee Topping, wife of PercyPhoto: Jack Hewin aged 6-7?Photo: Bertie Cook in Maritime uniformPhoto: Unknown man in uniformPhoto: Unknown man in uniformPhoto: Bernard Williams on rocking horsePhoto: Norm Vitali milking a cow, York Street, Russell c1930Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill c1930-1940Photo: Post card showing Duke and Duchess of York and HMS Renown on visit to Bay of Islands 1927Photo: Chapel of St Nicholas, HMS Renown 1927Photo: HRH Duke of York 1927Photo: Colwyn and Kay Shortland in front of Russell Police Station 2003Photo: Russell waterfront and Duke of Marlborough Hotel 2003Photo: Christ Church with timber support props in placePhoto: Kerikeri Basin showing Stone store, Kemp House and St. James ChurchPhoto: HMS Dunedin at anchor outside Russell c1935Photo: Russell cubs outside Christ Church for wedding 1966Photo: Scout/cub family picnic, Tapeka c1970Photo: Scout float at Bay of Islands College fundraiser, Kawakawa c1970Photo: 1903-4 Russell cricket team. Back row: Horace Williams, Jack Williams, Sim Williams, Edgar Webb, Willie Baker. Middle row: WC Anderson, coach Bob Williams, Mattie Whitelaw, Willie Cook. Front row: Edgar Florance, Sid Irving, Ed DarbyPhoto: Pompellier house c1900Photo: Ruins of building at Paihia, where first printing press was installedPhoto: Paihia waterfront c1900Photo: William Colenso c1895Photo: John Wood Shortridge at Opua c1900Photo: The Gold Hill Russell (Maiki), scene of gold discovery 1908Photo: Gables and Duke of Marlborough, Russell, destroyed by fire 1931Photo: Children fishing on Russell wharf with Clows' boarding house and Duke of Marlborough hotel in background, prior to 1931 fire Photo: Mataui Bay near RussellPhoto: Russell waterfrontPhoto: Russell NZPhoto: Kawakawa Railway StationPhoto: First Governor's residence in NZ, WaitangiPhoto: Christ Church, RussellPhoto (2 copies): Long Beach, RussellPhoto: Russell waterfrontPhoto: Christ Church, Russell, the oldest church in NZPhoto: View of Russell waterfront from the seaPhoto: Tapeka Point showing Stephenson's house and another c1900Photo: View of Tapeka looking north from flagstaffPhoto: Wood family at Tapeka Point. Annie, Norman, Nellie and Clem at back, Laura, Colin and Harriet in frontPhoto: Interior Christ Church, RussellPhoto: Russell Waterfront and Wharf c1920Photo: Opua with s.s. Clansman at wharfPhoto: Russell waterfront and wharfPhoto: Russell waterfront looking southPhoto: Russell waterfront showing HMNZS Duchess 1942Photo: "Gosforth", Hope Avenue, Russell. Watercolour by Pat HenryPhoto: "Niton", Hope Avenue, Matauwhi Bay when owned by Iago family c1930Photo: James DeeryPhoto: Russell Scouts and Cubs tug of war, Long Beach 1971Photo Postcard: Russell Peninsula looking towards Cape BrettPhoto: Paula Gill and Marie King inspecting historic papering in attic, Russell Police Station 1983Photo: T R Williams house, Wellington Street, Russell. Sitting L -R: Frances Evelyn Arlidge, Jessie Boucher, Wini Williams, Alma Green, Florence GreenPhoto: Girl in Russell Museum with "Old Bill" Grandfather clock c1960Print: Boats at anchor off Russell Beach c1930Photo: House in Pitt Street, Russell, formerly Brookers c1920Postcard: Russell Wharf, c1970Photo: View of Russell from the sea c1920Photo: View of Russell from Wellington StreetPhoto: Russell waterfrontPhoto: Long Beach, RussellPhoto: Long Beach, Russell c1950Photo: Russell from Maiki HillPhoto: Christ Church, Russell c1950Photo: Kauri tree, Russell-Whangarei main highwayPhoto: Russell from Long Beach Road c1980Photo: Waitangi house, labeled Jim Whitelaw's 1927Photo: Oldest wooden house, Kerikeri built 1819Photo: Old Sone Store, Kerikeri built 1833Photo: Boys at Russell School with gardening tools c1920'sPhoto: Two men in suits, reverse "Les Williams".Photo: Francis Arlidge c1920'sPhoto: Bernard Williams and two girls in fancy dressPhoto: Bernard Williams c1920'sPhoto: Seven boys in swimming costumes, Les Williams, centre back row c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams with fish on the wharf c1920'sPhoto: Two men, Les Williams on the right c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams in cowboy costume and Bernard Williams in suit c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams c1920'sPhoto: Les Williams c1920'sPhoto: Jim Whitelaw, Janie and baby Grey c1920'sPhoto: Mervyn Arlidge (left) and friend on the Zane Grey 1929Photo: Man on the rocks. Back says "Torchy who went rum running in the USA" c1920'sPhoto: Fanny, Ella and Pearl Williams c1940Photo: Fanny, Ella and Pearl Williams c1950PhotoPhoto: Children in fancy dress, Hananui in the background c1920'sPhoto: Russell football team at Russell campground site c190'sPhoto - Russell School Hockey Team 1910Photo: Waka Tupi being paddled to Russell for Colwyn and Kay Shortland's wedding, 1998Photo: Murphy Sortland, Maraea and Colwyn Shortland and Mita Tipene in Waka Tupi, 1998Photo: Jim Sommerville with 550lb gamefishPhoto: British naval ship in port c1920'sPhoto: Two Maori girls in Fine cloaksPhoto: Kauri tree in the bushPhoto: Russell from Maiki HillPhoto: Kawakawa School Centennial, ex-pupils 1930-35Photo: Kawakawa School Centennial, ex-pupils 1935-40Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill 1924Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill 1924Photo: Russell from Maiki Hill 1924Photo: Looking up the harbour from Maiki Hill 1924Photo: Russell waterfront 1924Photo: Christ Church Russell 1924Photo: Helen Ough Dealy, Russell 1997Photo: Eva Brown and Lyndsay Nichols. Russell Review meeting 1997Photo: Penny Scholes and Wil Weehuizen, Russell Review meeting 1997Postcard: Russell waterfront, 1958Photo - Russell Waterfront 1930sPhoto: Christ Church, Russell, c1950'sPhoto: Aerial view Long Beach to Russell.Photo: Undine, Fullers first commercial boatPhoto: Clansman at Russell wharf, 1911Photo: Clansman at Kawau IslandPhoto: William Paine BrownPhoto: View of Russell from Maiki HillPhoto: Russell from hill behind Pompallier House c1960'sPhoto: Russell school pupils 1953. Head teacher Victor LindauerPhoto: Kauri tree surrounded by native bushPhoto: NZ Tree fernPhoto: Tane MahutaPhoto: Giant kauri logs, Kanaeranga bush, ThamesPhoto: Kauri surrounded by NZ tree fernsPhoto: Kauri and NZ native bushPhoto: Kauri tree, Simpson's farm, WarkworthPhoto: Tree felled in Omahuta Forest 1908Photo: Road through Waipoua Forest 1932Photo: NZ Clematis flowersPostcard: Duke of Marlborough hotel, Russell, c1950'sPhoto: House at Orongo Bay c1960Photo: View down Church Street, Russell c1940Photo: Russell from south end of beach c1930'sPhotoPhoto: Smith's house, Rewa Place 1974Postcard: Russell waterfront, c1950'sPhoto: Aerial view of Russell from wharf to Matauwhi Bay 1945Postcard: View of Russell looking south towards the wharf, c 1950-60'sPhotoPhoto: Waikare Inlet and Pine IslandPhoto: Opua Railway tracksPhoto: Kent Passage from OpuaPhoto: Looking to Okiato from OpuaPhoto: Tane MahutaPhoto: Flagpole at WaitangiPhoto: Aerial view of Russell with outlying islands in the backgroundPhoto: Long Beach, Russell 1970PostcardPostcard: Sightseeing at Waitangi Falls, Bay of IslandsPostcard: "Kewpie Too" heading back to Russell after the Cream TripPostcard: Christ Church, RussellPostcard: View of Russell from above, c1900'sPhoto - of Tepaea Hinerangi or Guide Sophia and Tuhorangi peoplePhoto: Tepaea Hinerangi or Guide Sophia and Tuhorangi people. Photo: Flagstaff Lodge, Russell 1986Photo: Russell from south end of beach toward Russell Wharf, showing the Stephenson crane.Photo: “The Moorings”, the old vicarage in Russell at the south end of beachPhoto: Christ Church with shores at front Photo: Long Beach, Russell c1960Photo - Russell Police Station by Julie ToddPhoto: Pompallier tannery (2009).Photo: Russell Methodist Church (2009). Photo: Russell Boating Club (2009).PhotoPhoto: Russell Town Hall looking toward Paihia (2009). Photo: Gables Restaurant on the waterfront (2009). Photo: Russell Town Hall (2009)Photo: Christ Church, Russell (2009)Photo:Russell Police Station Photo: Russell Police Station once the first Customs House in New ZealandPhoto: The Parish Hall, Russell (2009).