Read our bulletins from the past below
The Museum periodically publishes a newsletter of its activities, acquisitions and special exhibits. This is distributed to local residents and copies are available from the Museum.
If you would like join Friends of the Museum, please email us to register.
Below are some of our old newsletters from times gone by.
- Newsletter Jan 2016Nga mihi o te tau hou ki a koutou katoa/ New Year greetings to you. As is customary Russell Museum/ Te Whare Taonga o Kororareka, an asset that belongs to the community, reports to you. It has been a year of high and low points but we believe we have made some progress. Our main […]
- Newsletter 2015Once again, season’s greetings, as another year turns over. We are Te Whare Taonga o Kororāreka, the house for treasures of Kororāreka – Russell. We care for those taonga that come to us from the wider community of this place that is dear to the hearts and minds of so many people gathered here or […]
- Newsletter 2013This is how it looks from the outside – have you been inside yet? You might imagine, if you are new to Russell that this museum is here as an attraction for visitors to our village. Wrong. It is here for you. Our mission statement is to preserve the history and heritage of Russell/ Kororāreka […]
- Newsletter 2010Tena kotou katoa. Russell Museum welcomes the opportunity to report to the community and to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. MUSEUM PROJECTS The Board undertook a number of projects aimed at ensuring the future condition of the museum. These were: The upstairs area, unfinished since 1990 and previously used as St […]
- Newsletter 2009Tena kotou katoa. Russell Museum welcomes the opportunity to report to the community and to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. MUSEUM PROJECTS Two natural timber seats have been added to the museum grounds. A macrocarpa slab on two rounds is now located under the Pohutukawa tree in the Tamati Waka Nene […]
2 York Street,
Bay of Islands
Aotearoa New Zealand
10.00 - 4.00 daily
Last visitors admitted at 3.45 pm